Versteijnen Logistics’ history

  • 1947 – Establishment of transport company ‘Versteijnen Mutsaers’ by Mr A.H.C. Versteijnen and his wife. During the first years old army trucks are used to transport goods.
  • 1975 – The company is rechristened ‘Versteijnen en Zn’ (Versteijnen and Sons) and has grown from a one-man business to a private limited liability company. The name is also changed into the current name of the transport branch: ‘Versteijnen’s Internationaal Transportbedrijf B.V.’
  • 1976 – The four Versteijnen sons take over the business with Gerard as general director, Ad as head of the planning department, Egbert to check driver route information and Wim at the shunting yard at the Loven Industrial Zone. Mrs Versteijnen (née Mutsaers) also remains active within the company for several years.
  • 1977 – Versteijnen starts shipping medical equipment and computers in lorries fitted with pneumatic suspension; an entirely new type of lorry at that time.
  • 1986 – Versteijnen is relocated from Siriusstraat to Pegasusweg, where the company has 5000 m2 of warehouse space at its disposal. This marks the birth of Versteijnen Logistic Services.
  • 1995 – Versteijnen Logistics Kft. is established in Sarvar, Hungary. A 6000 m2 warehouse is built adjacent to the office.
  • 1999 – Versteijnen Logistics moves to its present location on Zeusstraat at the Vossenberg Industrial Zone, where it has approximately 48,000 m2 of warehouse space.
  • 2008 – Jorn Versteijnen, a third generation Versteijnen, takes over management of the company.
  • 2008 – Versteijnen Logistics Kft. opens a second branch in Szekesfehervar, Hungary.
  • 2010 – Versteijnen Packaging Services is established.